Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

'Pregnancy' related questions

For pregnancy related questions 'The Pregnancy Book' provides information on many aspects of pregnancy and a list of useful organisations.  This is available to first time expectant mothers resident in Northern Ireland through the Public Health Agency. To view The Pregnancy Book online, click here.  

What is a MAT B1 form?

This is a maternity certifcate which will be issued to you on request from your GP or midwife from approximately 20weeks.  This is required by employees in order to claim Maternity Allowance or Statutory Maternity Pay.  For more information click here to access more information from 'The Pregnancy Book'.

'Birth to Five' related questions

For information on your baby from birth to five years, you can view the 'Birth to Five' book produced by the Public Health Agency, click here.